Wednesday, February 3, 2010

You Rock Valentine

I'm finally starting to feel better after battling the flu for the last few days. For today's card I made a Valentines Day one. It's my first this year and I figured I better get going since the big day is less than two weeks away. I found the black and silver paper a few months ago at AC Moore and have been saving it to make Valentines cards. It's actually a Harley Davidson paper I just cut out the corner with the logo and won't use that on any cards. The rest of the paper is just colored card stock from my stash. The ribbons were spools that I got at Walmart, no idea what brand, but they were like 99 cents each and there is a lot on each spool. The letters for "You Rock" were cut using Wild Card and the guitar came front the Everyday Paper Dolls cart. I just love the paper dolls cartridges, there are so many cuts on them that you can find one for just about any project. I pop dotted the guitar as well as the square with the words to make them stand out. I fought with the ribbon for a good five minutes before getting it right. For some reason I could not wrap my brain around the way the ribbons needed to lay. Inside I stamped "Happy Valentines Day" and put another piece of ribbon with a smaller guitar. Have a great rest of the day and thanks for looking.


1 comment:

  1. I just love this card! The color scheme is great. I found your blog today, and have to tell you that it is awesome! I am now a follower. Thanks for sharing. I have had the Wild Card cartridge for about 10 months, but have only used it rarely. Thanks for inspiring me to pull it out and not be intimidated by it.

    ScatteredScrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete